Friday, April 6, 2012

Grown up people world

They make growing up sound so much fun... well I guess I do not know who they is. I just always assumed it would be super fun and exciting. Exciting it is, fun... sometimes... but I never knew about the tough times.

The tough times are having to say goodbye to people you love and letting them go.
It happens a lot in grown up people world:
-Deaths
-Break-Ups
-Moving Away

I have had my share of parting with loved ones and break-ups and hopefully for a while those moments have passed and I have come to terms with the grievances that went along with them. However, now I am faced with my best friend moving away.

She warned me. She always has, since we were 14. She is the adventurous and bold one out of the two of us, and I am the homebody who has dreams far closer to my roots. I actually think my dreams are intertwined with where I grew up. Her dream is beautiful and I consider mine to be also. I just wish they were the same places.

Megan, I am THRILLED for you. I know that this move for you is as big as me getting married. We are finally doing the things we laid on a trampoline and talked about as children. You are getting your dream, and I am super super happy for you. Yet, I would be lying to say that my heart does not beat a little bit faster when I think of you moving away. I know that distance can not affect our bond or take away any memories, but I know that it will change our relationship. Our new hang-outs will be on skype and not getting cussed by crazy craze people in Ruston's theater during a scary movie...or sitting on my porch swing...or camping out at Jennifer's. There will be trips though! Lots of trips...and maybe we can do oldschool letters from time to time. I'm just scared. I want you to chase your dreams, but I want you to keep our friendship close to your heart and we both have to not allow life and distance to change that. The Lord says lots of special things about friends, and I know you are the definition of one. Oh gosh, I am crying. What a baby am I?

Now, onto the next line of business. I have 1 month and 1 week of class left until I have completed all of my work for my undergrad. Then I will graduate. I can not believe I finally made it. I have said this all year, but it seems unreal. All of my dreams coming true. I am marrying the man I adore and love and graduating. Oh, God... You are so good to me! I can not wait to teach and to impact little lives and teach them the Word of God~~!!

I have a prayer request for a dear friend who's grandchild was born with illness. She prefers to keep it personal, but please please pray for the child and family.

I hope you all have a wonderful Easter. I always love this time of the year because I am reminded of the Lord's sacrifice and love for us and filled with the Spirit. I need to strive to have this joy all year round.

No comments:

Post a Comment