Sunday, June 1, 2014

2005 East Cypress

Late summer nights. There is nothing like sitting all alone with one's thoughts and feelings. The wee hours of the night have always belonged to me in the months of late May, June, July, and early August. I'm sitting in our living room that will soon encompass a new family soon and these walls will breathe new life. I'm happy for them, but for now these walls belong to us for just a while longer. :) The memories...those will always be ours. It's amazing I haven't been in Hodge long, but it so quickly became home. I've never thought about it, but our first and only break up and our engagement all occurs about the exact same place in the living room. The tears of sadness and joy have found their way down our cheeks in this home. The steps outside on the porch was where we sat the night we split our (at the time) 3 month relationship. He'll swear he didn't, but he cried right along with me. That porch swing is where I sat to call my mother to share I was engaged. I had never been more excited and felt more complete in my life. My eyes are now flooding as Gracie would say. This neighborhood so quickly became home to a girl who had never left Monroe. I had some really great runs and always enjoyed Jamie's company and talking to the Tidwell's. I also enjoyed visiting with Mr. Louie, God bless his soul. His yard was always winning that great yard award from the town of Hodge. We never stood a chance. I recall many days doing homework with architecture homework spread out on the floor and late night papers to get me through undergrad. Heaven knows grad school has made me cry between these walls. The moments after coming home from our wedding where my husband reassured me while standing in my wedding dress that I was so beautiful, and even the southern classic we went and got because apparently no one warned us that you starve at your own wedding. The countless Saturday mornings laughing and talking together in bed and the McDonald runs. The calling Johnny's pizza to talk to "Tyla" who is beyond the nicest pizza guy ever. "Yo yo this is Tyla". The night the power went out (ok let's be honest it goes out a lot)... But there was that one time with Jennifer where the windows stayed lit up. That and watching Gracie and attacks play with the soccer ball he rolled off the tin roof over and over again. That yard... First one I ever mowed on my own. Also where Travis and I played in the rain and where I forced him to kiss me because I just had to say I had been kissed in the rain. Point is that I'll never be able to recall all of my memories of this house, I never realized how the simple days held so much importance. I'm so thankful to God for our time here. This post won't make much sense to anyone, but Trav and I will one day be thankful I took the time to write about how special our first home together was. Now on to new adventures, hopefully the next home we own will have babies :). --cypress street

No comments:

Post a Comment