Tuesday, December 27, 2011

My lucky ENGAGEMENT SHoes!!

I am marrying my best friend and I mean it 100%.

It is so funny that this blog was called the searching years. How I have grown and my searching has turned into fun and exciting adventures. I could absolutely squeal in excitement right now.

The story of how he proposed...the story I'll tell my children :)

I was getting ready at his house and I was already wearing my purple vera wang dress and grey sweater getting ready for church in Monroe for the Christmas Eve service. I went ahead and gave him his North-face jacket early (per his request) so he could look nice at church. I was drying my wet hair and he came in with a huge bag. I just knew since I was drying my hair and not ready it'd just be the sonuk's that I asked for. (He had already told me I was not getting a ring until income tax). So as I reached my hands in I felt my shoes. As I pulled them out I seen the Zales box sticking out of one. Everything past this is a blur. We were both so nervous! I know I said, "No way!" He dropped to one knee and asked me to be his wife for life!" He swears it didn't rhyme like this, but I am pretty sure it did. And I am pretty sure I wouldn't change how he said it ever because it makes it so special to me. I like the dork, knees buckled and dropped down next to him and shook nervously as he put my ring on my finger. Then we both just hugged...like a million second hug. I was so excited. I didn't cry yet---that came after the hugging. Then I started my 1,000 phone calls. :) Those are the most expensive shoes ever ;).

I'm wearing those shoes under my wedding dress! That may seem tacky, but it would tie in our engagement so perfectly!!!

Mark my words, we will be the couple that lasts. I am prepared for rough and smooth waters, our relationship is a steady rock.

It is God's promise to one another and I want to be a great girlfriend.. I mean wife!! OMG I so have to get used to it.

Love the future--Christina Gordon Roberts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment