Sunday, May 19, 2013

The Seasons of Life

Hello World: As I sit here listening to my $5 score of a Boyz II Men's greatest hits, I am feeling extra thankful to God. The lack of homework and lesson plans to make gives me time to ponder just how much my life has changed. As mentioned, this blog was once made where I was searching for my husband. We all know that this dream came true. The proof is snoring in our bedroom next to me. Travis is everything that I want in a man, best friend, life partner, confidant, and person in general. He knows when to be serious and he knows how to have fun. He also knows how to push me to keep going when I am ready to shut down due to stress. I owe so much to the happiness he has brought to my life. My eleven babies finish pre-k tomorrow. I am heart broken and happy all at the same time. I know many of you reading may not be teachers, but let me tell you that being with the same children 40 hours a week for 36 weeks is life changing. I have gained such love (in a non creeper way) for my students and their families. I care about how much they learn, but I also care about who they are as individuals. Although they are still such young children, I hope I have had a positive impact on them that they can carry with them all of their lives. After all, this is the reason I wanted to teach. I want to make a positive difference in the world. I may never get to know if any of my actions or words changed the child, but I can tell you the children I have taught have changed me for the better. My first school year ever of my career is OVER. WOW! My first year of grad school is OVER with a 4.0. I am married! I have a great family! My dreams have fallen together beautifully. Praise be to God. His plan was so much bigger than mine. Thank you Jesus. My first week at Fort Necessity Jr. High was TERRIFYING. Everyone knew each other (or so it felt) and I was the outsider who dressed up MUCH too much for my first day of meetings. Now these strangers are my work family and my friends. It's funny how 9 months how many friendships can be made. <3 I won't say that there were never bad days or days of frustration, but for every tough day there were three times the amount of good days to balance it. I love teaching. How awesome is it that I can say I love my job? I also love that I get a paid summer vacation. I am looking forward to taking the summer off from Tech (to clear my mind) and have time to spend with family this summer. I am starting my diet back, well I did today. Fighting off the chewy chocolate chip cookies and vanilla ice cream is proving to be difficult, but I keep trying to think of the end results. I lost 20 lbs. last time I did this and I want to make sure it doesn't sneak up behind me lol. I am itching for a beach trip--I am about to go digging for a cheap condo. Travis and I are not poor (nor rich), but we prefer practical over pricey. I just need a place to sleep while visiting the beach. :) As I look at my life, I feel like I am going through the seasons just the way God wants me to. Happy Summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment