Monday, August 9, 2010

I'm Memaw Gordon

Yawwwwwnn...work starts at 9 today. I woke up at 6ish though to prepare my body for that transition next week. I wish I was getting up for the beach!! LOL ;) I definetly need color. The older I get, I find that my teeny bopper priorities slip away. I would have never been this pasty in August years ago, but I prefer to hermit out of the heat now rather than bake in it. However, I still jam out to VH1,MTV, and CMT every morning just like high school and college. I'm excited about work though, I really love everyone I work with. I'm ready to meet the kiddies now.

I am determined to try to find a house to live in or at least something else. These college kids moving into the apartment complex make me feel old and stressed. They are rolling up with their brand new camaros and hummers and lining their beer bottles in front of their doors. Makes me feel like I live in a trashy place, and I don't. I just live on campus pratically. The other day "Hummer BOY" felt the need to take two parking spots with his "Daddy bought ride". So I rolled my window down and said, "Hey sweetie is that your ride?" He smiled that (Yeah i'm the coolest guy in the world smile) and said "yeah". I said "Really, learn how to drive it then, it doesnt take two parking spots buddy!!" See I felt so mean after that, I almost appologized, but Megan kept me from it. It's never bothered me much in the past, but again I think age is playing a factor. I used to be the creeper neighbor that loved dressing up and sitting on the porch watching the August move in's because I was convinced there was going to be "hot" neighbors. Now I don't want anyone looking at me and get annoyed by the move-in's because i'm usually perched in my dorky pj's on my lsu chair talking on the phone or something. The "Thursday" parties annoy me too. (See this is me sounding memawish). But really do they have to jam their techno boom boom music at midnight? I can't say that I was ever perfect (Praise God for bringing me to my senses), but I was always respectful of sound levels....and I promise you...there was never beer bottles lining my house. That's not decorations people...not little "ornaments" for your balcony.

Ok now that I sound like I belong on "Grumpy old women" I'm headed to go grab breakfast and head to work. I hope everyone has a good day. Love ya'll!!!!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment